ResMed AirSense 10 Elite with HumidAir and ClimateLine Air (S10 Series)
The new “S 10 series”, officially named the ResMed AirSense 10 Elite has arrived. The Elite model is the fixed pressure CPAP machine that will deliver one set therapy pressure through the night as prescribed by your physician.
Many new users of CPAP therapy may be confused about which machine is right for them. On one hand, you have auto adjusting CPAP machines and on the other, you have fixed pressure “standard CPAP” machine. What is the difference? The Elite, a fixed pressure model, provides one setting of therapy throughout your night’s sleep and does not fluctuate from that setting unless a ramp feature is enabled. Ramp is a feature that increases therapy from the minimal amount to the prescribed amount over a period of time to allow you to fall asleep on a lower setting. Fixed pressure devices are the most commonly prescribed devices and your physician establishes this number (i.e. 8cm/h2o) based off of your sleep study. In cases where a home sleep test was used and an auto CPAP trialed, he/she may set it based on a compliance report of the median average of therapy needed.
We program your settings as listed on your CPAP and can make changes to your settings as they adjust over time via an SD card that can be mailed to our office. Many veteran users of therapy elect to use a fixed setting they have used and are comfortable with (some even elect to forego ramp feature). The AirSense 10 Elite continues the superior quality of therapy device where the S9 Elite left off. Still available in the new model is EPR (expiratory pressure relief) as well as new modification to ramp setting with AutoRamp. SmartStart allows the user to put his/her mask on and begin breathing allowing the machine to turn on starting therapy.
Special Features For AirSense 10 Elite
- HumidAir integrated heated humidifier is built-in to the CPAP device. You can use the ClimateLineAir heated hose or a standard SlimLine lightweight hose tube.
- AutoRamp technology starts your therapy pressure at a low setting and increases therapy pressure once sleep onset is detected. This is a great feature for new CPAP users to adjust to pressure as they wake up throughout the night the device will drop the pressure to allow the user to get back to sleep faster without the feeling of an overwhelming high-pressure setting and without the need to manually hit the ramp button again.
- ClimateLineAir The integrated heated humidifier is now a standard feature and the option to purchase with standard SlimLine hose tubing or ClimateLine heated hose tubing. The heated line tubing is great for people that are sensitive to dryness from the use of CPAP and it promotes humidity throughout the entire hose.
- Advanced Event Detection can tell the difference between obstructive sleep apnea events or central apnea events (central sleep apnea is treated with Bi-level therapy or ASV therapy and is most often not treated with standard CPAP pressure).
- SmartStart allows you to simply put the mask on and start breathing which will initiate the device to turn on automatically and begin therapy. Please note this setting is not activated when we ship your device unless you specify otherwise.
- Wireless Data Transmission: Transmits compliance data via a wireless signal (Only available for use in the United States).
Included In This Package
- (1) AirSense 10 Elite with HumidAir Humidifier
- (1) New humidifier water chamber tub
- (1) SlimLine tubing (unless you select the optional ClimateLine Air)
- (1) Power Supply
- (1) Travel Carry Bag
- (1) SD Card (already inserted)
Indications For Use AirSense 10 Elite
The AirSense 10 Elite fixed pressure device is indicated for the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) in patients weighing more than 66 lb (30 kg). It is intended for home and hospital use. The humidifier is intended for single patient use in the home environment and re-use in a hospital/institutional environment.
Positive airway pressure therapy may be contraindicated in some patients with the following pre-existing conditions:
- severe bullous lung disease
- pathologically low blood pressure
- cerebrospinal fluid leak, recent cranial surgery, or trauma.
Possible Adverse Effects
You should report unusual chest pain, severe headache, or increased breathlessness to your prescribing physician. An acute upper respiratory tract infection may require temporary discontinuation of treatment.
The following side effects may arise during the course of therapy with the device:
- drying of the nose, mouth, or throat
- ear or sinus discomfort
- eye irritation
- skin rashes